My policy is to undertake original research wherever possible, and to visit locations to take first-hand evidence. However, in other texts, there are undoubtedly unique and otherwise unobtainable stories and tales. Where quoted, these have generally been referenced, and evidence has been cross-checked.
- A Short History Of The Township Of Rivington In The County Of Lancaster With Some Account Of The Church And Grammar School – Irvine, William Fergusson, b. 1869.
- Rivington & District Press Excerpts – D. A. Owen.
- About Anglezarke – M. D. Smith.
- About Rivington – John Rawlinson.
- Landings – Richard Skelton.
- The Enchanted Hills – George Birtill
- Follow Any Stream – George Birtill
- Heather in my Hat – George Birtill
- Over The Five Barred Gate – George Birtill
- Let’s Take A Walk – George Birtill
You may notice that some images are Copyright Lancashire County Council. These are from the Lancashire Lantern archive, and I have paid for permission to use the images.
There are also some images with a self-imposed watermark across the bottom which states “cc-by-sa”. This means that the photographer released these images with a Creative Commons Share Alike license – the same license with which I present this site. Please see copyright, which isn’t anything like as restrictive as you might expect, although commercial and/or non-attributed useage is not permitted.